NECO Registration Portal 2023- Form Price, Examination Date and Deadline. This article reveals the NECO Registration Portal 2023, the form price, the examination date, and the deadline. Keep reading to the end to see the complete and detailed information.
The National Examination Council (NECO) Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) is an examination that candidates write at the end of their secondary school year.
The examination is important as it will be used to gain admission into the higher institution or better still can be combined with WAEC and GCE to gain admission as well.
Has NECO Registration for 2023 Started
NECO registration 2023 has begun. The registration portal will be revealed in this article to help students register for the NECO examination.
The registration portal for the NECO internal is quite different from the registration portal for the NECO external which is also known as the NECO GCE by many.
The steps to follow for the registration on each portal will be outlined in this article. So keep reading to see the complete information.
Is NECO Registration Portal 2023 Opened?
The NECO registration portal for both external and internal examinations is always open for registration, but registration can only be done when the period for each examination approaches which is usually around June/July and Nov/Dec for internal and external NECO examinations respectively.
On these two portals, you make payments, register candidates, and manage records. There is no difference between the two portals, only that each is for a different set of candidates. The ones writing the June/July exams and those writing the Nov/Dec exams.
NECO Registration Requirements
Before registering on the portal, there are some requirements that must be met. The requirements for NECO registration for both internal and external examinations have been outlined below.
- four passport photographs
- The Candidate’s mailing address
- Names of Maidens and Guardians
- The candidate’s local government area and state of origin
- Candidate Personal Information
- List of the candidate’s 8 (minimum) or 9 (maximum) subjects
- Mandatory biometric capture
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled in Senior Secondary School 3 or 2 or have graduated from high school.
- Registration requires a distinct and current phone number and email address.
- Your name, gender, date of birth, home address, county, and state of origin must all be correct.
- For the NECO exams, you must have eight to nine subject lists.
- You must also have the NECO exam money with you when you register.
How to Register for NECO 2023
If you are registering NECO either as an internal or external candidate, here is how to do it.
- First, go to the NECO registration page at https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng.
- In the pop-up window, locate the ‘Don’t have an account?’ form, then click “Register here.”
Fill out the registration form with the following information:
- Enter your full name here.
- Enter your current phone number.
- Enter your correct email address.
- Select a password
- Enter our password again to confirm
- Press the ‘REGISTER’ button.
- To proceed, log in to the email account you used and click on the link supplied by NECO.
- Choose an appropriate payment method and pay for the registration.
- Complete and return your registration form.
- Track down the cafe owner to perform offline biometric verification and validation.
- Finally, print your photocard
NECO Registration Procedure for Private Candidates
If you wish to register as a private or external candidate, please follow the instructions below and take action;
- You can register at http://www.mynecoexams.com/ourexaminations.html?ssce.
- Go to the SSCE website by clicking on the “Go to SSCE External Site” screen.
- The password and username boxes are required.
- Tap “Login” to go to the registration dashboard.
- Applicants are strongly advised to register using the proper procedure.
- If you are unfamiliar with online registrations, it is best to register through a school or computer café.
- To register, candidates must show or scan a passport and submit biometric fingerprint thumbprinting.
- Candidates must authenticate their fingerprints or they will not be allowed to take the exam.
NECO Registration Deadline and Timetable 2023
The NECO examination timetable for 2023 and the commencement date have not yet been. Please follow us on all social media platforms as we will update this page once we get updated information.
This article has discussed the various ways to register for the NECO Examination as well as other things that you need to know. Some additional information you should take home are;
- Use a reputable registration center for your registration. The examination body will not be held responsible for anything that happens after your registration.
- Candidates should study rules and syllables very well before the exams.
- Applicants should note that their registration photo will appear on their certificates.
- Candidates should study the directions on the scratch card very well before registration.
- Smoking, cell phones, and other forms of electronic communication are not permitted in the examination hall.
- Candidates must dress in mufti, and no one with weapons is permitted in the examination hall.
- Applicants who repeatedly attempt to register will have their results trashed. It is not feasible to submit more than one entry.
- Applicants who have lost or damaged their scratch card will have no choice but to purchase a new one before registering.
9 You should also be aware that after the examination begins, no Candidate is permitted to enter the exam hall again.
That is all on the NECO Registration Portal 2023.